Concrete Retarding Admixtures
Calcium Molasses Based Retarder is a water reducing and set-retarding admixture, refined from molasses residue from sugar cane production. It can slow down the hydration of cement, lengthen set time, and extend the working life of concrete for long periods without any negative influence on the concrete quality. It complies with ASTM C 494, Type D.
MNC-TG retarder is beneficially used in hot weather conditions in order to overcome accelerating effects of higher temperatures. It can be widely applied in large masses of concrete, freshly batched concrete for long hauls, shotcrete, and cast concrete.
- Extending concrete initial setting time for proper finishing without cold joint during hot weather.
- Increasing the workable time of concrete up to several hours.
- Providing flexibility in planning and scheduling of concrete pours.
- Serving as a good grinding aid and set-time conditioning agent.
Uses and Dosages
For normal use, the dosage rate varies from 0.10% to 0.15% by cement quantity. In some cases when the dosage of admixtures exceeds a certain critical point, hydration of cement compounds will hang over a certain stage, and the cement paste will never set. Thus, it is important to avoid overdosing, and pilot tests should be carried out to optimize the dosage.
It can also be applied after being dissolved into water by 1:5 or 1:10.
Technical Data Sheet
|Water Reducing Rate (%)||≥8||11.9|
|Ratio of Bleeding Rate (%)||≤100||63.6|
|Air Content (%)||＜5.5||4.5|
|Setting Time Difference (min)||Initial||＞+90||+174|
|Compressive Strength Ratio (%)||3 day||≥100||126|
|Shrinkage (%)||28 day||≤135||109|
Package & Storage
- Packed in woven fabric bag with plastic liner. Net weight: 25kg +/- 0.13 kg.
- This powder is easy to absorb the moisture from the air. So it must be kept in the original sealed bag and stored at dry place. The storage period is three year.
- This product is non-toxic and non-flammable. So there is no special transportation requirement.