Oil Based Concrete Mould Release Agent
MNC-T6 is a specially formulated blend of mineral oils with a chemically active release agent that is suitable for application to mould and shutter faces prior to casting concrete in order to obtain a clean release. The alkali reactive chemicals promote a water-repellent interface which protects both steel and timber formwork whilst ensuring the resultant concrete has a smooth, hard, uniform finish with reduced incidence of blowholes.
MNC-T6 will also allow air to escape from the interface during placing and vibration thereby resulting in a reduction of remedial costs. Use of MNC-T6 has no negative effect on the quality of the concrete nor will it impair the adhesion of subsequent coatings providing application is made at recommended coverage rates.
When applied at recommended coverage rates MNC-T6 is non toxic and may be used in for concrete in potable water applications.
- For quick, clean and easy stripping of moulds and formwork.
- For high quality, fair-faced and stain-free concrete.
Typical Applications& Advantages
- Ensure easy release, reducing damage and improving efficiency of production.
- Minimizes surface blemishes and staining,promoting high quality fair-faced concrete even with white cement.
- Reduces opportunity of damage to formwork, extending usable life.
- Minimizes cleaning of formwork before reuse.
- Suitable for use with virtually all types of formwork.
- Inhibits corrosion of steel formwork.
Color : Pale straw liquid
Specific Gravity : 0.83 @ ±2⁰C
Coverage Rate : 30 – 60 m2/litre/coat
MUHU provides a comprehensive technical support service to specifiers, end users and contractors and is able to offer on-site technical assistance.
Instructions for Use
Preparation: New moulds, if extensive reuse is anticipated, treat new moulds with a polyurethane coating. For used moulds, remove all traces of adherent material i.e. concrete, oil etc. The use of an acid etch will assist in the cleaning process.
1. Mix MNC-T6 with water before using. The amount of water added varies with temperature. When the temperature is high, more water may be added. You may add as much as six times of water in MNC-T6.
2. Clean the form surfaces and wait till they are dried before applying MNC-T6.
3. Spray or paint a thin coating of MNC-T6 onto the casting surface of all forming before each pour or cast of concrete. Hose clean and spray with MNC-T6 at the end of work. For hand tools, buckets, etc. simply soak in the container of MNC-T6 and allow drying.
Depending on the porosity and texture of the mould surface, typical coverage rates of 30 to 60 m2/litre/coat may be obtained.
MUHU Release Agent is available in 50 litre and 210 litre drums and it has a minimum shelf life of 12 months provided it is stored under cover, out of direct sunlight.
Health & Safety Precautions
MUHU Release Agent does not fall into the hazard classifications of current regulations. However, it should not be swallowed or allowed to come into contact with skin and eyes. Suitable protective gloves and goggles should be worn. Splashes on the skin should be removed with water. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If swallowed seek medical attention immediately do not induce vomiting.
For further information refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet available for this product.
MUHU endeavors to ensure that the technical information contained herein is true, accurate and represents our best knowledge and experience. No warranty is given or implied, as MUHU has no control over the conditions of use and the competence of any labour involved in the application are beyond our control.
As all MUHU technical data sheets are updated on a regular basis it is the customer’s responsibility to check that the product is suitable for the intended application, and that the actual conditions of use are in accordance with those recommended.