Air Entraining Admixture
K12 air entraining admixture provides concrete with extra protection by creating air bubbles that are ultra-stable, small and closely spaced – a characteristic especially useful in the types of concrete known for their difficulty to entrain and maintain the air content desired.
K12 has excellent properties such as good permeability, detergency, foam ability, stability, emulsifying ability and dispersion ability. It also features rich foam and good synergism with other materials and excellent anti-hard water properties. K12 admixture meets the requirements of ASTM C 260, AASHTO M 154, and CRD-C 13.
K12 can be widely used as foam agentin toothpaste and emujlsified agent in cosmetics, it is also a ideal material for shampoo, bath lotions, cosmetic cream as well as detergents for industrial uses.
|Visual Appearance||White or light-yellow powder|
|Active matter(%)||＞ 92|
|Unsulfated organic matter(%)||＜ 2.0|
|Inorganic sulfates(NaCl+Na 2 SO 4 ) (%)||＜ 2.0|
|Color (Klett, 5% solution):||＜ 90|
- Increased resistance to damage from cyclic freezing and thawing
- Increased resistance to scaling from deicing salts
- Improved plasticity and workability
- Improved air-void system in hardened concrete
- Improved ability to entrain and retain air in low-slump concrete, concrete containing high-carbon content fly ash, concrete using large amounts of fine materials, concrete using high-alkali cements, high-temperature concrete, and concrete with extended mixing times
- Reduced permeability – increased water tightness
- Reduced segregation and bleeding