Ultra Early Strength High Range Water Reducing and Accelerating Admixture
for Precast Concrete( above -8℃)
MNC-A is chloride free, superplasticising admixture based on selected synthetic and organic polymers. MNC-A disperses the fine particles in the concrete mix, enabling the water content of the concrete to perform more effectively. It is widely used high-strength concrete in emergency or repairing construction. Concrete with this product can achieve 50% designed strength in one day under normal temperature (20 ±3). After three days, the strength can reach as high as 28 days of concrete without this product.
In the construction using sliding form, the concrete with this product can reach the strength to remove the form in 10 hours; in the large-form construction, the concrete with this product can reach the strength of removing the form in one day; if the curing temperature is 50°C, it can achieve 75% of designed strength in 12 hours. This product is designed for the constructions requiring hardening accelerating for normal concrete, steel-reinforced concrete, and pre-stress concrete under normal temperature, low temperature and negative temperature (above -8°C).
MNC-A is a high range water reducing and accelerating admixture. It meets ASTM C 494 requirements for Type C, accelerating, Type E, water-reducing and accelerating and Type F, high range water reducing and accelerating admixtures.
|Appearance||Light Brown Powder|
|Solid Content, %||92 min|
|Fineness (0.315mm remains), % ＜||15|
Types & Applications
|Items||Technical Requirements||Applicable Temperature|
|MNC-A1||One day can achieve50% of the designed strength specification. under normal temperature(20±3℃).||Daily temperature is not lower than minus 8℃.|
|MNC-A3||Two dayscan reach 75% of the designed strength specifications under 50℃ curing temperature.||Daily temperature is not lower than minus 6℃.|
Test Data Sheet
|Items||Addition Rate (% of cement)||Water
|Slump (mm)||Water Reducing (%)||Compressive Strength(MPa)/Compressive Strength Ratio(%)|
|1 day||3 day||7 day||28 day|
- To enable pre-cast units to be demoulded in short time.
- To use wherever there is a requirement for accelerated setting times in non-reinforced concrete.
- To obtain early and increased compressive, flexural and tensile strengths.
- Specifically formulated for use in the Precast industry.
- Recommended for low slump concrete to produce more uniform, predictable and consistent concrete.
- Ideally suited for factory-line concrete production including applications using cement replacement materials and white cement.
- It can be applied to normal concrete, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete projects across a wide range of ambient temperature conditions such as mild, low and subfreezing temperatures( above -8℃).
- It’s suitable for self-cured concrete and its finished products.
Typical Applications & Advantages
- Concrete mixed with MNC-A1, when cast in a climbing form, can achieve targeted mold-release strength by 10 hours and when cast in a large form, by 24 hours.
- Chloride free, suitable for use in precast, prestressed and reinforced concrete.
- Reduced permeability level even for low slump concrete, especially in the case of the precast elements, which reduces penetration of water and other deleterious impurities and increases the durability of concrete. Also reduces efflorescence.
- High range water reducing property helps achieve high early-strengths and low water absorption values. High early strengths help in reducing production cycles.
- Improves cohesion and particle/pigment dispersion to produce dense concrete matrix.
- Helps in superior concrete finishes which increase life of moulds.
- Can help in moderate slump retention.
- It’s compatible with Portland cement, normal Portland cement, Portland slag cement, fly-ash cement and Portland pozzolanic cement etc.
MUHU provides technical advisory service for onsite assistance and advice on admixture selection,
dosage evaluation trials based on mix design and dispensing equipment.
Instructions for Use
Where the main requirement is to improve strengths, initial trials should be made with normal concrete mix designs. The addition of the admixture will allow the removal of water from the mix whilst maintaining workability. After initial trials, minor modifications to the overall mix design may be made to optimize performance.
MNC-A1 is compatible with other MUHU admixtures used in the same concrete mix. All admixtures should be added to the concrete separately and must not be mixed together prior to addition. The resultant properties of concrete containing more than one admixture should be assessed by trial mixes.
MNC-A1 is suitable for use with all types of Portland cements and replacement materials and micro silica.
The correct quantity of MNC-A1 should be measured by means of a recommended dispenser. Normally, the admixture should then be added to the concrete with the mixing water to obtain the best results. These admixtures are not recommended to be added in dry aggregates or cement. It should always be added in wet mix conditions. Full blending of the admixture and the concrete should be ensured by mixing at high speed for a period of at least two minutes.
The optimum dosage of MNC-A1 to meet specific requirements should always be determined by trial mixes using the materials and conditions that will be experienced in use.For normal concrete a dosage between 2% to 3% by weight of cement may be used, and for high strength concrete, dosage is 2.5% by weight of cement may be used.
Dosages outside the normal range quoted above can be used to meet particular mix requirements.Contact MUHU for advice in these cases.
Packaging & Storage
- MNC-A1 is packed in poly woven bag with plastic liner at 40kg.
- MNC-A1 has a minimum shelf life of 12 months provided it is stored under cover, out of direct sunlight.
It can be agitated together with cement. Accurate measurement is essential.
Health & Safety Precautions
MNC-A1 does not fall into the hazard classifications of current regulations. However, it should not be swallowed or allowed to come into contact with skin and eyes. Suitable protective gloves and goggles should be worn. Splashes on the skin should be removed with water. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If swallowed seek medical attention immediately do not induce vomiting.
For further information refer the Material Safety Data Sheet available for this product.
MUHU endeavors to ensure that the technical information contained herein is true, accurate and represents our best knowledge and experience. No warranty is given or implied, as MUHU has no control over the conditions of use and the competence of any labor involved in the application.
As all MUHU technical data sheets are updated on a regular basis it is the customer’s responsibility to check that the product is suitable for the intended application, and that the actual conditions of use are in accordance with those recommended.