Sulfonated Acetone Formaldehyde Based Superplasticizer
Acetone-formaldehyde resin（AK）, is a kind of anionic aliphatic macromolecular surface active substance which is derived from acetone, formaldehyde and sulfonating agent with alkalic catalysis. AK is a high range water reducer, commonly referred to as a superplasticizer. AK contains no added chloride.
AK complies with ASTM C494, Type F standard for high range water reducer.
|AK Powder||AK (42%)|
|Visual Appearance||Dark Brown Color||Dark Brown Color Liquid|
|Moisture, %||8.0 max||—|
|Fineness (0.315mm remains), %||15.0 max|
|pH value||8 – 10|
|Chloride Content, %||0.1max|
|Na2O+0.658K2O (%)||5.0 max|
|Cement Paste Flow, mm||240|
|Solid Content ,%||42%|
- Used for projects such as skyscrapers, wide bridge, ocean oil drilling platform, which requires high performance concrete with property of high strength, elasticity, fluidity, and impermeability.
- AK is especially applicable to following types of concrete: flowable and plastic concrete, autotrophic or steam curing concrete, impermeable and water proof concrete, durable and anti-freeze/thaw concrete, anti-sulphonate-corrosion concrete, steel-bar enforced concrete, and pre-stress concrete.
- Used to make high strength concrete pipe (PHC) C80, ready mixed concrete (C20-C70), pumping concrete, high performance concrete, self-compacting concrete, water-proofing and large volume concrete.
- Used in all kinds of Portland cements and steam curing concrete.
Features and Benefits
- AK is alkalescent and has a high water reducing rate of 15-25%.
- When it’s added, 25-30% of cement can be saved without sacrificing strength and slump loss compared with plain concrete.
- AK has significant early and post-strengthening ability. Concrete added with AK can reach to 60-70%, 100% of designed strength in 3 and 7 days respectively. Thus its strength is enhanced by 30-40% compared with plain concrete in 28 days.
- AK has high plasticity. Concrete added with AK has less slump loss. It almost has no slump loss in 60 minutes and only loses 10-20% in 90 minutes.
- AK is applicable to a variety of cement. It improves workability and plasticity. It works well with other admixtures.
- AK can improve anti-freeze/thaw ability and impermeability of concrete. It protects concrete from sulphonate corrosion and improves physical performance in many other aspects.
- AK is nontoxic, nonflammable and noncorrosive to steel bars.
- AK effectively reduces the reaction with alkaline aggregates and has no crystallization from sodium sulphate in winter.
|Water Reduction, %||20.2|
|Compressive Strength Ratio (%)||1 day||200|
The optimum dosage of AK to meet specific requirements should always be determined by trials using the materials and conditions that will be experienced in use. When AK is applied in the form of powder, normal dosage ranges from 0.4% to 1.2% of the weight of cementitious material, while the suggested rate is 0.6% taking technical and economic factors into consideration.